Friday, October 1, 2010

I actually like women and you should try it too.

For a long period of time I had no interest in other women.  I was too busy competing to be more beautiful, more in shape and more successful.  Then I broke up with my boyfriend at 31 and there was only a small group of gay male friends ( gotta love your gay boyfriends!) and one girlfriend who has been my dearest friend in the whole wide world since I was 17 years old. 
  This pattern started when I was fourteen years old, in the eighth grade where I was one of the first girls in the class to have a boyfriend.
   I was in love from the time I was a teenager with the idea of being in love and being attracted to guys.  It was only when I turned thirty one and had broken up with a boyfriend that I began to realize that I did need women.  Hiding in a relationship was not an option for me anymore.  Believe me, I tried to continue to avoid myself and meeting other people by dating behind my boyfriends back when I knew in my heart it was over.  That was not the best move! I had to reach out to the women I had continuously avoided and left behind in high school, in college and along the way.  I did need a group of female friends to enrich my life and find a sense of balance. 
  When you start feeling comfortable in your own skin, you can begin exploring and developing those female relationships that are so rewarding.  This is something that I have worked on and  I take a lot of pride in being able to be there for my gal pals.  I love being there for their special moments.  If you just open yourself a little bit and are open minded enough, you can find those special women that will be there for you and then in turn you are there for them! Insecurities keep women a part for the most part.  It's so much better to stick together because at the end of the day married, not married, dating, single we are in it together for the long haul. Your girls will always be there for you when you are transitioning, at your lowest low and at your highest high!

No comments:

Post a Comment