Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Would you date "YOU?"


  This is a scary position to be in because now the challenge becomes, "do you believe in you?"  Here are some questions that I have asked myself throughout the years.  Can I be doing more to be a well-rounded person?  What are my own interests?  How can I become a happier person? 
  If you do the work and you take the time to discover what makes you tick, your life truly begins to take form.  Asking yourself the tuff questions and addressing them question by question, (day by day and moment by moment) gives you greater clarity and insight into your own life.  Not to sound "cliche", but if you don't respect and love yourself, no one else will. 
  What did I actually do to come to terms with my happiness?  I reached out to family.  I expanded my circle of friends. I started skiing again.  I started planning vacations and going to places that I wanted to see.  I found refuge and security in my job.  I started writing!  I stopped "waiting" for my life to begin and decided that I was "in " my life.  Lastly, the most important thing I did was grounding myself in gratitude every single day for the ability to enjoy life. 
  "Date you first," then meet your other half.  If you don't know yourself, you will never know who or what you are looking for.  "Settling" will no longer be an option because loving yourself buys you the time and energy required to get what you rightfully deserve.   So "hell yeah" , I would totally date me "now."  :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment